Code of Conduct
- Customers must remain seated at all times while the bike is moving and are not permitted to stand inside the bike. For safety reasons, passengers must not hop on and off the bike while it is moving.
- In order to remain on schedule for later tours it is important that each tour ends approximately on time. At the driver’s discretion, tours finishing late will incur a late fee of $100 per half hour.
- All crew members must be 21 if alcohol is consumed on the bike.
- Each passenger is asked to drink responsibly and must arrange for their own transportation to and from the tour. If a passenger appears to be intoxicated when they arrive they will not be permitted on the tour. No refund will be issued.
- The Pints and Pedals driver is the captain of your tour. Riders should listen to driver instructions at all times.
- If a passenger engages in behavior that the driver considers inappropriate either before, during or after the tour, he or she will be asked to either refrain from such behavior or to leave the tour immediately. The driver’s opinion on this issue is final. Examples of offensive behavior include, but are not limited to, the following:
Giving alcohol to non-passengers
Loitering more than 15 minutes after the tour
Refusal to obey driver instructions or any other violation of these rules
Intoxication (as determined by the driver – especially if a passenger is intoxicated and unable to pedal)
- No glass allowed on the bike. Alcohol must be consumed in plastic or foam cups. Pouring canned beers can only occur when the bike is stopped.
- Only canned beer is allowed – no hard liquor or wine.
- Canned Beer will be stored in the Pints and Pedals cooler. The cooler must remain closed while the bike is in motion.
- Alcohol may only be consumed while the passenger is on the pedal bike. Open alcoholic beverages must be dumped IMMEDIATELY when the tour ends – it cannot be taken with you when you exit the bike. No exceptions. Trash will be disposed of by the driver. Alcohol purchased at stops along the tour cannot be carried onto the bike.
- The tours will start and stop on time without exception. If you are late the driver may permit you to catch up to the tour once the bike stops.
- Please exercise caution when boarding and exiting the bike.
- All laws and rules regarding alcohol apply to all passengers before, during, and after the tour. I acknowledge that Pints and Pedals is not responsible for any harmful, bad, or illegal activity that I engage in either before, during or after I exit the tour or the pedal bike.
- No smoking on the bike. This includes e-cigarettes.
- The driver may alter or stop the tour route in his/her discretion. If the tour does not stop at a pre-planned bar or pub for any given reason, this is not grounds for a refund.
RIDER RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I understand that riding the Pedal Carriage is a potentially dangerous activity.
I understand that I may be injured or may injure someone while riding and using the Pedal Carriage.
I assume the risk that I may be injured and/or injure someone else while riding and using the Pedal Carriage.
I assume all risks associated with my riding in and use of the Pedal Carriage and, to the extent allowed by governing law, hereby waive liability, release and forever discharge, and covenant not to bring any action against JK Associates, Inc, Company, its officers or directors, its successors and/or assigns, and its agents and/or employees of and for any action for negligence, breach of any implied or express warranties, products liability, damages or any other kind of claims or causes of action in law or equity for personal injury or sickness, property loss or property damage or any harm that may be caused or suffered as a direct or indirect result of my riding in and use of the Pedal Carriage.
I further agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless JK Associates owners, JK Associates employees, manufacturers of the Pedal Carriage and the City of Chattanooga from any liability against any and all claims, including damages or demands of third parties resulting directly or indirectly from my actions without limitation as a result of my riding in and use of the Pedal Carriage.
I agree that if any provisions of this release or the application thereof to any person or circumstance shall be invalid or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of this release and the application of such provisions shall not be affected thereby and shall be enforced to the greatest extent permitted by law.